Last Updated: May 21, 2018
Your privacy is critically important to us. At LearnAppMaking, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information on your website is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently deleted.
- We help protect you from overreaching government demands for your personal information.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
- Our websites and mobile apps
- Other products and services that are available on or through our websites (including memberships, courses, email courses, 1-on-1 coaching, Zero to App Store, and The App Launch Plan).
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better. We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to use our Services. For example, we require individuals who sign up for a Zero to App Store, or our email courses, to provide a name and email address–and that’s it. You may provide us with more information–like your address–but we don’t require that information to sign up.
- Public Profile Information: If you have an account with us, we collect the information that you provide for your public profile. For example, if you have a Zero to App Store account, your username is part of that public profile, along with any other information you put into your public profile. Your public profile is just that–public–so please keep that in mind when deciding what information you would like to include.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from us–a course or subscription, an In-App Purchase, or Pro upgrade, for example–you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information.
- Communications with Us: You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, communicate with our support team about a support question, or post a question in our public forums.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the actions that users of the Services perform–in other words, who did what, when and to what thing (e.g., “user” viewed “title of post” at “time/date”). We also collect pseudonymized and/or aggregate information about what happens when you use our Services (e.g., page views, email opens, subscriber signups, link clicks, button clicks) along with information about your device (e.g., mobile screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, for marketing purposes and to make our Services better.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions. Approximate location information is typically pseudonymized and/or aggregated. We may also collect information about your precise location via our mobile apps (when, for example, you post a photograph with location information) if you allow us to do so through your mobile device operating system’s permissions.
- Stored Information: We may access information stored on your mobile device via our mobile app. We access this stored information through your device operating system’s permissions. For example, if you give us permission to access the photographs on your mobile device’s camera roll, our Services may access the photos stored on your device when you add them to your journal in the Crest app.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also get information about you from other sources. For example, if you create or log into your Crest account through another service (like Google or Facebook), we will receive information from that service (such as your username, and basic profile information) via the authorization procedures used by that service. The information we receive depends on which services you authorize and any options that are available. We may also get information from third party services about individuals who are not yet our users, which we may use, for example, for marketing and advertising purposes.
How We Use Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and as follows:
- To provide our Services–for example, to help you learn to code apps, achieve your long-term goals, give you access to our courses, or charge you for any of our paid Services;
- To further develop our Services–for example by adding new features or content that we think our users will enjoy;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To monitor and protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of LearnAppMaking and others;
- To communicate with you about offers and promotions for our Services, and other products we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on LearnAppMaking and our products; and
- To personalize your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations and serve relevant advertisements.
The Duration Of Storing Information
We store your personal information for as long as it’s necessary to reasonably provide our Services, as follows:
- Basic Account Information: As provided when signing up for the Services, such as email newsletters, email courses, and paid courses, are stored for as long as you are subscribed to the Service. We may store your Usage Information, associated with your Basic Account Information, as described in the above section, for up to 2 years, for the purposes of marketing our Services, improving our Services, and give insight into how users are using our Services.
- Public Profile Information: As provided by you when creating your public profile, are kept for as long as you are using the Service, until you’ve chosen to remove the information or explicitly requested us to remove the information for you.
- Transaction and Billing Information: Your payment information, invoice information, contact information, including address and country of residence, are stored for 7 years, for as long as required by law.
- Log Information: Logging information, as described in the previous section, is kept for 2 years, for the purposes of detecting and preventing fraud and unauthorized access and maintaining the security of our Services.
- Usage Information, Location Information: This information, as described in the previous section, is kept for 2 years, for the purposes of marketing our Services, improving our Services, and give insight into how users are using our Services.
- Stored Information: This information, provided by you, as described in the previous section, is stored for as long as you make use of the Services.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information. We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We will not rent or sell your email address to any third party. We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like email service providers) and those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers) and those that help us market our Services effectively (like advertising partners). Please note that we may share your personal information with vendors outside the European Union. We require these vendors to agree to privacy commitments, including the US-EU Privacy Shield, in order to share information with them.
- As Required by Law: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights and Property: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of LearnAppMaking, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as the social media services that you connect to your Crest account.
- Aggregated and De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified or pseudonymized, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services or create heatmaps of website click behavior.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is–you guessed it–disclosed publicly. That means, of course, that information like your public profile, posts, comments, other content that you make public on your profile, are all available to others. Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties. Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to share.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Services–for example, paid courses, IAPs, upgrades–may not be accessible.
- Limit Access to Information On Your Mobile Device: Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the ability to discontinue our ability to collect stored information or location information via our mobile apps. If you do so, you may not be able to use certain features.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages to unsubscribe. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, LearnAppMaking does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using LearnAppMaking’s websites, with the drawback that certain features of LearnAppMaking’s websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
As per the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), coming into force on May 25th 2018, users have a right to access the personal information we collect, as well as a right to rectify, inspect and erase that information. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
If you want to make a request to access, inspect, rectify or erase any personal information we collect, following the GDPR, please get in touch via [email protected].
Other Things You Should Know
LearnAppMaking is a worldwide service. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the U.S., European Union and other countries, which may have rights and protections that are different from those in your home country.
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Third Party Software
If you’d like to use third party software with our Services, please keep in mind that when you interact with them you may provide information about yourself to those third parties. We don’t own or control these third parties and they have their own rules about collection, use and sharing of information. You should review their rules and policies when installing and using third party software.
LearnAppMaking can be reached via [email protected].
Code Swift right in your browser!
Go to the Swift Sandbox