- Debugging: How To Find And Fix Bugs With The Xcode Debugger
Finding and fixing bugs in your app is exciting, isn't it? ... NO!? In this article, you'll learn how you can use the various debugging tools in Xcode to find and fix bugs in your Swift apps, so you can become a better coder. Let's dive in!
- The Basics of App Store Optimization: Title, Screenshots and Keywords
You can use App Store Optimization (ASO) to improve your app's ranking in the App Store. In this article, you'll dive into the 3 most important factors for App Store ranking: app title, keywords, and screenshots.
- How To Take Your First App Project From Start To Finish
You've learned how to code, and now it's time to move on to your first app project. Where do you start? How do you develop the project? Let's find out!
- Great Customer Service for Indie App Developers
Do you know Zappos, the online shoe retailer? It's famous for "The Zappos Model" for customer service. In this article, we're going to apply that same model to apps, and tweak it so it can be used by one single app developer instead of a whole team.
- How To: Escaping Closures In Swift With @escaping
As of Swift 3 closures are non-escaping by default. What does that mean for you as an app developer? What are escaping closures, anyway? This article sheds a light on closures, escaping vs. non-escaping, capture lists and retain cycles, and what that might mean for your day-to-day as an app developer.
- Grand Central Dispatch: Multi-Threading With Swift
Multithreading is a mechanism computers can't live without. You know why? CPUs are kinda dumb – they can only do one thing at a time! Fortunately, as an app developer you can use Grand Central Dispatch to make your app execute multiple tasks concurrently. How?
- Chris Thomas on Data-Based Idea Validation and Building A Virtual Business On The Side
In this episode of The Reinder Show I'm joined by Chris Thomas from Hibermate.com, who explains how exactly he built his e-commerce store selling earmuffs for sleeping. Enjoy!
- Mentorship Opportunities at LearnAppMaking
At LearnAppMaking we're always inventing new education products for app makers. In an ongoing attempt to serve aspiring app developers better, we're currently offering limited mentorship opportunities to select app developers. Read on to find out how you can apply.
- How To Pitch And Close Freelance App Development Clients (From Scratch)
Kickstart your freelance app development career with this guide on finding, pitching and closing prospective clients. Learn how to spot bad clients, how to price your services and how to make sure your acquisition is always full of leads. Let's DO THIS!
- App Store Improvements: 50 Character Limit, Quality Control, and no App Rot
Last week Apple announced to app developers worldwide a set of very exciting changes. They'll start removing apps from the App Store that are no longer maintained. And from now on, app titles cannot be longer than 50 characters... What does this mean for app developers?
- 10 Networking Tips For Your iOS Development Career
So you’re a junior iOS developer, starting out in your new career. But finding your first job isn’t as easy as you thought. You’ve got the skills, but without the experience you’re struggling to even get an interview. Don’t worry, if you follow our tips you’ll soon be getting some much needed human contact again, and a job to boot!
Hi, I'm Reinder.
Learn how to code iOS apps with me. We'll focus on app architecture, best practices and fundamental topics.
Become an insider. Get access to our members-only courses and private community. » Learn more
Most Popular Content
- How To Make An App (In 9 Steps)
- How To Develop iOS Apps On A Windows PC
- How To: Pass Data Between View Controllers In Swift (Extended)
- Creating A Simple iOS Game With Swift In Xcode
- How To: Build A Real-Time Chat App With Firebase And Swift
- How To: Random Numbers in Swift
- Understanding The "Use of Unresolved Identifier" Error In Xcode
- Understanding The «Unexpectedly found nil while unwrapping an Optional value» Error