Mentorship Opportunities at LearnAppMaking
Mentorship is a great way to improve the sought-after skills of iOS app development. Whether you’re an absolute beginner, or an aspiring expert, mentoring can bring your expertise, knowledge and skill of app making to the next level.
At LearnAppMaking we’re always inventing new education products for app makers. In an ongoing attempt to serve aspiring app developers better, we’re currently offering limited mentorship opportunities to select app developers. Read on to find out how you can apply.
This is what mentoring can do for you:
- Get expert feedback on your code, style and problem-solving skill
- A mentor can give a second opinion on StackOverflow answers, or provide perspective and context for incorrect or incomplete programming problems
- With a mentor, you can do pair-programming or watch the expert programmer write code you are having problems with
Most of these aspects can’t be provided by reading a code book, doing a course, or watching videos online. Receiving mentoring is a very effective learning method, but also very intensive.
Mentoring at LearnAppMaking takes place in small peer groups of 3-5 coders with roughly the same skill level, in weekly or fortnightly Skype/Hangouts call of 60 minutes. You’re expected to have at least 3 hours of undistracted learning time available per week for a period of 3 months.
If you’re interested in receiving mentorship, please send an email with a 3-5 line motivation and goals to [email protected].
Most Popular Content
- How To Develop iOS Apps On A Windows PC
- Creating A Simple iOS Game With Swift 3 In Xcode (Part 1)
- How To: Random Numbers in Swift 3
- How To: Build A Real-Time Chat App With Firebase And Swift
- Grand Central Dispatch: Multi-Threading With Swift 3
- UPDATED: The Swift 3 Cheatsheet
- How To: Escaping Closures In Swift With @escaping