Mentorship Opportunities at LearnAppMaking
Mentorship is a great way to improve the sought-after skills of iOS app development. Whether you’re an absolute beginner, or an aspiring expert, mentoring can bring your expertise, knowledge and skill of app making to the next level.
At LearnAppMaking we’re always inventing new education products for app makers. In an ongoing attempt to serve aspiring app developers better, we’re currently offering limited mentorship opportunities to select app developers. Read on to find out how you can apply.
This is what mentoring can do for you:
- Get expert feedback on your code, style and problem-solving skill
- A mentor can give a second opinion on StackOverflow answers, or provide perspective and context for incorrect or incomplete programming problems
- With a mentor, you can do pair-programming or watch the expert programmer write code you are having problems with
Most of these aspects can’t be provided by reading a code book, doing a course, or watching videos online. Receiving mentoring is a very effective learning method, but also very intensive.
Mentoring at LearnAppMaking takes place in small peer groups of 3-5 coders with roughly the same skill level, in weekly or fortnightly Skype/Hangouts call of 60 minutes. You’re expected to have at least 3 hours of undistracted learning time available per week for a period of 3 months.
If you’re interested in receiving mentorship, please send an email with a 3-5 line motivation and goals to [email protected].
Join 11.000+ app developers and marketers
- Every Monday: get curated app marketing news, resources, tools and goodies in your inbox
- Grow your app's userbase with the latest App Store Optimization and app marketing strategies
- FREE: Get the free step-by-step Get Started With Your App Idea guide to set yourself up for App Store success!
Comments & Thoughts
On The Blog
What are mistakes that native app developers make?
Read up on Superhero Syndrome and Not-Invented-Here Syndrome, a major flaw that app developers are particularly prone to pick up. How can you overcome it?
App Analytics: What Is It And How Does It Change The Playing Field?
Recently, Apple launched its beta campaign for iTunes Connect App Store Analytics. It’s Apple’s new proprietary tool for measuring conversions on an apps page in the App Store and tracking user behaviour and engagement within the app. How does this influence the app analytics playing field?