Mentorship Opportunities at LearnAppMaking
Mentorship is a great way to improve the sought-after skills of iOS app development. Whether you’re an absolute beginner, or an aspiring expert, mentoring can bring your expertise, knowledge and skill of app making to the next level.
At LearnAppMaking we’re always inventing new education products for app makers. In an ongoing attempt to serve aspiring app developers better, we’re currently offering limited mentorship opportunities to select app developers. Read on to find out how you can apply.
This is what mentoring can do for you:
- Get expert feedback on your code, style and problem-solving skill
- A mentor can give a second opinion on StackOverflow answers, or provide perspective and context for incorrect or incomplete programming problems
- With a mentor, you can do pair-programming or watch the expert programmer write code you are having problems with
Most of these aspects can’t be provided by reading a code book, doing a course, or watching videos online. Receiving mentoring is a very effective learning method, but also very intensive.
Mentoring at LearnAppMaking takes place in small peer groups of 3-5 coders with roughly the same skill level, in weekly or fortnightly Skype/Hangouts call of 60 minutes. You’re expected to have at least 3 hours of undistracted learning time available per week for a period of 3 months.
If you’re interested in receiving mentorship, please send an email with a 3-5 line motivation and goals to [email protected].
Join 11.000+ app developers and marketers
- Get a weekly curated list of app development tools, articles and resources in your inbox
- 10x your app installs with relevant App Store Optimization and app marketing strategies
- BONUS: Grab a free copy of the App Toolbox 2017 to supercharge your next app project
Comments & Thoughts
On The Blog
How To Pitch And Close Freelance App Development Clients (From Scratch)
Kickstart your freelance app development career with this guide on finding, pitching and closing prospective clients. Learn how to spot bad clients, how to price your services and how to make sure your acquisition is always full of leads. Let's DO THIS!
How-To: 9 Quick Tips To Build Your First Killer App
Learning how to build your own apps can be intimidating at first, but once you get started it's incredibly easy. In this blog post I've set out 9 tips and best practices for building your first killer app. It's a step-by-step framework for getting from idea to app!
Developer Burden: Owning 10+ Devices You Never Use
It’s the fate of every professional app developer: owning too much devices you never use, and not having enough devices to test on. You see, apps need to get tested on real devices. And Google, Apple and Microsoft keep making new devices with new features – devices you need to buy, to be able to work with and test these features in your apps. So, how do you avoid having to buy devices you never really use?