Chris Thomas on Data-Based Idea Validation and Building A Virtual Business On The Side
In this episode of The Reinder Show I’m joined by Chris Thomas from Hibermate.com, who explains how exactly he built his e-commerce store selling earmuffs for sleeping.
It turns out that validating a product idea for an e-commerce store is very similar to validating an app product idea! Chris used tools like AdWords, Google Suggest and Kickstarter to prove that his “earmuffs + eyepads” product idea was worth pursuing – and he turned out to be right.
Listen to this episode to find out:
- How to use freely available market data to validate your ideas
- How to build an MVP with Kickstarter
- Why tenacity and execution are so important
- Where to look for funding for your startup ideas
- Why feedback on your ideas, and sharing them, can save your business
- What it’s like to run a virtual business, without an office, from anywhere in the world
- How to use reviews from competitor’s products to carve out marketshare for yourself
Mentioned in this episode:
Join 11.000+ app developers and marketers
- Get a weekly curated list of app development tools, articles and resources in your inbox
- 10x your app installs with relevant App Store Optimization and app marketing strategies
- BONUS: Grab a free copy of the App Toolbox 2017 to supercharge your next app project
Most Popular Content
Comments & Thoughts
On The Blog
Best Of Quora: Android vs. iOS, Finding A Job, Prototyping And Gazing Into Space (Week 35)
This week's edition, topics include the Android vs. iOS debate, finding a job as a programmer, prototyping, coding clubs and gazing into the void of space.
How-To: 9 Quick Tips To Build Your First Killer App
Learning how to build your own apps can be intimidating at first, but once you get started it's incredibly easy. In this blog post I've set out 9 tips and best practices for building your first killer app. It's a step-by-step framework for getting from idea to app!
Ultimate Guide To Building & Publishing Your First iPhone App
Are you considering making your own app? This is what you need to know. Learn about the app ecosystem, programming languages, toolsets, and time and effort involved. Let’s not tell you what you should know, but rather explain how you can actually get started today to get an app published in the App Store.
5 Skills That Boost Every Career If You Learn Programming
Learning how to program gives children problem solving skills that come in handy later in life, and it primes them for a possible future in engineering or computer science. It helps them to secure better careers and a brighter future. But for those who are already making a career, can the same skill help them too?