Chris Thomas on Data-Based Idea Validation and Building A Virtual Business On The Side
In this episode of The Reinder Show I’m joined by Chris Thomas from Hibermate.com, who explains how exactly he built his e-commerce store selling earmuffs for sleeping.
It turns out that validating a product idea for an e-commerce store is very similar to validating an app product idea! Chris used tools like AdWords, Google Suggest and Kickstarter to prove that his “earmuffs + eyepads” product idea was worth pursuing – and he turned out to be right.
Listen to this episode to find out:
- How to use freely available market data to validate your ideas
- How to build an MVP with Kickstarter
- Why tenacity and execution are so important
- Where to look for funding for your startup ideas
- Why feedback on your ideas, and sharing them, can save your business
- What it’s like to run a virtual business, without an office, from anywhere in the world
- How to use reviews from competitor’s products to carve out marketshare for yourself
Mentioned in this episode:
Join 11.000+ app developers and marketers
- Get a weekly curated list of app development tools, articles and resources in your inbox
- 10x your app installs with relevant App Store Optimization and app marketing strategies
- BONUS: Grab a free copy of the App Toolbox 2017 to supercharge your next app project
Grab the App Toolbox 2017 to learn how to save time building your app,
and how to 10x your app installs in the App Store. With the toolbox, you'll immediately know how to move forward to build better, more profitable apps.
Comments & Thoughts
On The Blog
Case Study: Building A Compelling App Landing Page
You’ve made your first app, it’s in the App Store and you’ve built an app landing page for it. Business isn’t booming just yet, but you’ve made a compelling roadmap for the coming months: features that will wow your users. Right?
Mobile App Freelancing With Reinder de Vries - ABP108
In App Business Podcast episode #108, by Chris Chidgey and David Pfahler, Chris and I talk about the opportunities for freelance app developers and the future of mobile app making.
Question: "Which features overcomplicate Swift? What should be removed?"
Another great Quora question: what should be removed from Swift? Well... I can't think of anything! What's there not to like? Read on to learn some of Swifts happy quirks.
How should designers make the final graphics of a website or mobile application?
Great question! What requirements or rules should be followed when delivering the final graphics file, to be used as the foundation of a website or mobile app.