Foundation for Swift: Intermediate
In this course you’ll learn intermediate Swift development, including topics like collections, loops, closures and Object-Oriented Programming.
Foundation for Swift explains programming without using it to build iOS apps. It’s a pure-Swift approach, isolating the important concepts of programming so you can take your time to get to know them.
Every chapter features on-page Swift sandboxes, so you can directly try out what you’ve learned.Sign Up Now!
Learn what every bit of code is for, and why you code it like that. The course explains why you’re doing what you’re doing, and most iOS tutorials don’t do that.
Swift 4 & iOS 11
The course is always kept up-to-date with the latest Swift version. You get lifetime updates for free. Don't waste time with outdated iOS tutorials!
Get Help & Support
Got stuck with a coding problem? Our support team is here to help you back on your feet in no time. We go the extra mile to help you move forward and learn more.
Get All 6 Chapters
In this course you'll learn intermediate Swift development, including topics like collections, loops, closures and Object-Oriented Programming.
Watch this course and learn
- Learn about collection types like arrays and dictionaries
- Get lazy with loops and recursion
- Master closures and callbacks
- Get to grips with OOP
- Understand how memory management, "scope", and capturing works
When you sign up for Zero to App Store, you get access to this video course, including all resources, templates, source code and challenges.
- Arrays and Dictionaries Arrays and dictionaries are collections. They're data structures to store information with, much like variables, but then with more values of the same type, in one container. Here's how to use them. 19:52
- Loops and Recursion Lazy programmers are the best programmers. Why do something 10 times if you can code it once, and have it loop 10 times instead? Here's how you can code that. 17:40
- Closures and Callbacks Closures are extremely powerful, but they're often a tough topic for beginner developers. Here's what you need to know, what mistakes not to make, and how to let closures do the heavy lifting for you. 11:49
- Classes, Instances and Properties (OOP 1) Object-Oriented Programming is an important topic to cover. In this chapter you'll learn about classes, instances and properties. 09:49
- Inheritance, Implementation and Protocols (OOP 2) Another part of Object-Oriented Programming is the relationship between classes. In this chapter you'll learn about inheritance, implementation and protocols. 21:27
- Scope, Capturing and Memory Management Scope, capturing and memory management are crucial topics to cover, although they're often overlooked (until you run into trouble). Here's how you can solidify your understanding of intermediate iOS development. 27:10