Indie App Business and App Store Publishing
Built your app? The fun has only just begun: let’s publish it in the App Store, and profit from app installs! Using App Store Optimization you can improve the ranking of your app, and with indie app business strategies you can turn your app into an asset that generates revenue (while you sleep!).
Indie app business typically has two “sides”: business strategy, and marketing. Determining the viability of your app (called “validation”), making the right partnerships, outsourcing to great developers, and picking an app business model are part of business strategy.
App Store Optimization (ASO), paid advertising, content marketing and building a landing page, typically belong to app marketing.
These strategies don’t only apply to you when you’re an app entrepreneur. If you want to move forward in your career, you can for instance negotiate a higher salary when you improve your development, marketing, design and business skills. Likewise, you might want to create a second stream of income with a “side hustle” – an app published in the App Store!
You can check out one of the many articles on indie app business, below.
- How I Built A Wolfenstein 3D Mod When I Was 16 Years Old
When I was 16 years old I built a modification – a "mod" – for Wolfenstein 3D. It was awesome! Thanks to modding Wolf3D, and an awesome community of coders, I now value building projects so much. Here's how it started...
- Does Your App Use Third-Party Services? They Could End Up Costing You Millions
If you're building an app, then you know how useful third-party services can be when it comes to delivering a high-quality product. But, do you know how your third-party partners operate and what information they can access from your users?
- Chris Thomas on Data-Based Idea Validation and Building A Virtual Business On The Side
In this episode of The Reinder Show I'm joined by Chris Thomas from Hibermate.com, who explains how exactly he built his e-commerce store selling earmuffs for sleeping. Enjoy!
- Mentorship Opportunities at LearnAppMaking
At LearnAppMaking we're always inventing new education products for app makers. In an ongoing attempt to serve aspiring app developers better, we're currently offering limited mentorship opportunities to select app developers. Read on to find out how you can apply.
- How To Pitch And Close Freelance App Development Clients (From Scratch)
Kickstart your freelance app development career with this guide on finding, pitching and closing prospective clients. Learn how to spot bad clients, how to price your services and how to make sure your acquisition is always full of leads. Let's DO THIS!
- App Store Improvements: 50 Character Limit, Quality Control, and no App Rot
Last week Apple announced to app developers worldwide a set of very exciting changes. They'll start removing apps from the App Store that are no longer maintained. And from now on, app titles cannot be longer than 50 characters... What does this mean for app developers?
- 10 Networking Tips For Your iOS Development Career
So you’re a junior iOS developer, starting out in your new career. But finding your first job isn’t as easy as you thought. You’ve got the skills, but without the experience you’re struggling to even get an interview. Don’t worry, if you follow our tips you’ll soon be getting some much needed human contact again, and a job to boot!
- How To Be Productive
In our notification-rich world, distraction-free work becomes increasingly more important. It's almost a shared obsession we all have: how can you do more, in less time? In this article, I want to tell you about the various principles, practices and cheats I use to stay productive. It's not your average lifehack though, so get ready!
- How To Create An All-Star Team With Partners And Cofounders
Running a business isn't always easy, and it's definitely a ton of work. Why work alone if you can get farther together? In this article, you'll learn 3 great ways of finding and working together with co-founders and business partners. Synergy guaranteed!
- How To Launch A Subscription-Based App Store Business
Subscriptions are awesome. Especially because they give your app that sought-after monthly recurring revenue and turn your customers into assets worth looking after. Apple recently introduced a change in the iOS App Store emphasizing the app subscription business. In this article, we're going to look at how to build such a subscription powerhouse.
- App Success: How Linkpack Got to the Front Page of Hacker News
Stelios and Petros, app makers from Greece, tell the incredible story of how Linkpack came to be. Since starting out the app has reached the front page of Hacker News, got a ton of upvotes on Product Hunt and was featured by several major media outlets. Read on to find out what motivates the founders of Evil Window Dog to do what they do.
- The Story Of Bob And Alice: How Great Ideas Fail And How To Avoid It
Let me tell you a story. It’s a story about Bob and Alice, both entrepreneurs and startup founders. Both Bob and Alice decide to launch an App Store business, two companies based on two separate smartphone apps. Bob uses a different launch strategy than Alice, and they measure their results after the launch. Who has the most successful launch?
- Case Study: Building A Compelling App Landing Page
You’ve made your first app, it’s in the App Store and you’ve built an app landing page for it. Business isn’t booming just yet, but you’ve made a compelling roadmap for the coming months: features that will wow your users. Right?
- Best Of Quora: Android vs. iOS, Finding A Job, Prototyping And Gazing Into Space (Week 35)
This week's edition, topics include the Android vs. iOS debate, finding a job as a programmer, prototyping, coding clubs and gazing into the void of space.
- My App List: Apps I Use To Be Fitter, Happier, More Productive
It's the list of apps, updated August 2015, of apps I use daily. It's true, these apps make me fitter, happier and more productive. Gems like IFTTT, Trello, and the good ol' notebook, it's all in here.
- Best Of Quora: Billionaires, Databases, Job Interviews And In-App Purchasing (Week 31)
In an ongoing series Best Of Quora I try to capture gems of questions. This week's edition, topics include looking for jobs, interview questions, using databases in your apps and the determination of a future billionaire.
- The Not-To-Do List: Regain Focus By Killing Unimportant Tasks
We humans are bunch of busy people. In all our seemingly urgent work, we sometimes forget to maintain focus. The Not-To-Do List helps to regain control, simply by not doing anything. Read on to find out how it can help you!
Most Popular Content
- How To Make An App (In 9 Steps)
- How To Develop iOS Apps On A Windows PC
- How To: Build A Real-Time Chat App With Firebase And Swift
- How To: Pass Data Between View Controllers In Swift (Extended)
- How To: Random Numbers in Swift
- Grand Central Dispatch: Multi-Threading With Swift
- How To: Map, Reduce and Filter in Swift
- Understanding The "Use of Unresolved Identifier" Error In Xcode