Hi, I’m Reinder. I build iOS apps.
In 2010 I built my first professional app for € 360.
I told the client it’d take me one day of work…
At the time I couldn’t build apps, so I bought a “Sam’s Teach Yourself In 24 Hours” book on iOS development. Soon I learned that “24 hours” was a bit of an understatement…
Three weeks later and with € 360 in my pocket I set out to build more apps, preferrably for more than $5 an hour. Now, almost 8 years later, I have created several dozen professional apps for iPhone and iPad.
This is an invoice I recently sent to a client:
When I learned to code apps, this is what I often thought:
- “Dude, there’s so much to know! Where to even start!? I’m so confused…”
- “I have no idea what I’m doing. What’s this button in Xcode? It all looks so intimidating.“
- “If I keep going like this, I’ll never become a professional app developer. It’s going to be all for nothing!”
- “OK, I did this tutorial, but how the hell am I supposed to integrate this in my own projects?“
Many people are learning how to code apps these days. Maybe you want to get a higher paid job or increase your salary. Maybe you’re looking to develop your own app and publish it in the App Store. Maybe you want to become a developer-for-hire and work from anywhere in the world. Maybe you’re just here to create awesome app projects.
Chances are you’ve already tried some of the free tutorials about iOS development.
Most of them have these problems:
- They’re free, so they’re poor quality: they only tell you what to do
- They aren’t up-to-date with the latest Swift, Xcode and iOS versions
- When you’re stuck or have a question, no one wants to help you
Most information, about any subject, you can find for free online. But if information was the only problem, we’d all be billionaires with perfect abs!
This is what you really need:
- Up-to-date coding guides that are expertly written, show you how it’s done, and how to apply that in your own projects
- Expert instructors who support you when you get stuck or have a question
- A community of motivated app developers who are exactly in the same place as you are
If this sounds like something you need, you’ve come to the right place.
In 2014 I created LearnAppMaking.com, a blog and community for aspiring app developers. I regularly publish awesome free guides that show you how to make app projects. As a subscriber you get access to premium tutorials, our developer community, and a ton of app developer resources.
This is what I’ve helped app developers achieve with LearnAppMaking.com:
- Command better jobs with higher salaries, with your newfound skills
- Help to go “remote”, get freelance gigs, and make money in the App Store
- Learn to code and build an App Store business by publishing iOS apps
Oh, and that’s not all: we had a fun time doing it! It’s incredibly fulfulling to do the meaningful work of building apps, learning a new skill and achieving goals.
- You know exactly what you need to learn to code your own iOS apps, and you know where to start
- You’re motivated to achieve your goals, thanks to the support of aspiring developers like yourself and dedicated instructors
- When you’re stuck you can ask for help, get unstuck, and learn more in the process
- While you learn you learn what you don’t know, and how you can find that out, so you’ll learn better as a result
- Thanks to your newfound skills in building apps, you can now build the things you imagine, make money with them, or simply enjoy the fruits of your work
Awesome! This stuff gets me really excited. I can’t wait for you to start developing apps!
“Here’s to the crazy ones. The rebels. The troublemakers. The ones who see things differently. While some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” — Steve Jobs, 1997
How to get in touch
There are a few ways to get in touch:
- Got a question about an article or tutorial on LearnAppMaking.com? Make sure to leave a comment below the article. We always read them, and always reply.
- Got a question about building and marketing apps? Mention @reinder42 on Twitter and I’ll get back at you shortly.
- Got a question about the LearnAppMaking.com courses and/or our membership? Send an email to [email protected] and we’ll get back to you shortly.
Here’s a fabulous flow chart to help your decision making… ;-)
I help developers play with code.
We'll focus on app architecture, best practices and fundamental topics.
Become an insider. Get access to our members-only iOS courses and private community. » Learn more
Most Popular Content
- How To Make An App (In 9 Steps)
- How To: Pass Data Between View Controllers In Swift (Extended)
- How To: Random Numbers in Swift
- Creating A Simple iOS Game With Swift In Xcode
- How To: Build A Real-Time Chat App With Firebase And Swift
- How To: Map, Reduce and Filter in Swift